American public support is critical to achieving the League’s goal: the fullest possible accounting for those still missing, and repatriation of all recoverable remains of those who died serving our nation during the Vietnam War.
· Follow the League on Twitter, Instagram andLikeus on Facebook
· Check the League website (see above) and Facebook Page for current, factual information; then pass it along and help spread the word on recent and upcoming events and projects.
· Call the League office, 703-465-7432, for answers to any questions.
· Join the League as a voting member (family), an associate member, or non-government group for $25/year to receive the newsletter, special mailings and email updates. Payment can be made online at the League website or by check to the League office. Help conserve League funds by signing up for email-only updates, newsletters and information.
· Distribute Facts: Forward League POW/MIA Updates by email to family, friends and co-workers; give to attendees at meetings of civic, fraternal, church and Veteran Service Organizations (VSOs).
· Arrange for POW/MIA Speakers and/or Ceremonies: Contact the League’s national office or your state’s League Coordinator (on League website) for assistance, particularly for national/state/district veteran and auxiliary conventions, and similar community gatherings.
· Fly the POW/MIA Flag: Display the League’s POW/MIA flag every day. On November 7, 2019, President Trump signed a law requiring all Federal locations to fly the POW/MIA flag 24/7/365; this includes the White House, Departments of State, Defense, and Veterans Affairs, all offices of the US Postal Service, all VA medical centers and cemeteries, and military bases, posts and stations, as designated by the Secretary of Defense. Also included are the National Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean War Memorial and the WWII Memorial.
WRITE… to CONGRESS, urging bipartisan support for US priority on accounting for America’s missing: The Honorable______________ The Honorable ________________ US House of Representatives US Senate Washington, DC 20515 Washington, DC 20510
· The Vietnamese, Lao, Cambodian, PRC and Russian Ambassadors. Thank them for their efforts to date and urge increased cooperation in accounting for missing Americans.
Embassy of Vietnam Embassy of Laos Embassy of Cambodia 1233 20th St., NW Suite 400 2222 S Street, NW 4500 16th Street. NW Washington, DC 20036 Washington, DC 20008 Washington, DC 20011
Embassy of People’s Republic of China Embassy of the Russian Federation 3505 International Place, NW 2650 Wisconsin Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20008 Washington, DC 20007
· The Editor of your local paper, drawing responsible public attention to the need for answers on America’s POW/MIAs. For assistance on points to cover during interviews, call or email the League at email@example.com.
SUPPORT THE FAMILIES…
· Donate online or by check to the League at the address provided on the letterhead or through Combined Federal Campaign and United Way (CFC #10218). Without the League, America’s POW/MIAs would have been written off years ago and today’s DPAA would not exist. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law (FEIN #23-7071242).
· Shop:The Ohio Chapter MIA/POW donates 100% to the League (order form on the League website); the Amazon Smile program donates a percentage of every purchase, and many other vendors donate a percentage of their proceeds above costs to the League. See our Supporters page on the League website to learn more.
· Weara POW/MIA lapel pin, available from the Ohio Chapter MIA/POW at $3 each.
· Weara POW/MIA bracelet, stainless steel, engraved with the name of a missing or unaccounted-for American. Cost is $15 each, and the Order Form is on the League website. If you have questions, call Ohio Chapter MIA/POW at 614-451-2405.
· Fly a POW/MIA flag. Obtain a flag from Ohio Chapter MIA/POW – order form on the League website. Cost for a high quality, double-sided nylon flag is $40 for a 2’x 3’: $50 for a 3’x 5’, and $60 for a 4’ x 6’; shipping is included.
· Display a POW/MIA decal in your car window. Decals available from the Ohio Chapter MIA/POW at 50 cents each.
· Urge the media to contact the League for accurate, prompt responses to questions.
SPECIAL SUGGESTIONS FOR VETERANS…
· Appoint a POW/MIA Chairman to coordinate issue-related activities for the chapter or post, and join the League as an associate member ($25/year). See public awareness opportunities below:
· POW/MIA Adoption Program: In addition to the standard guidelines for The Adoption Program, veterans and auxiliaries may wish to re-name the post, chapter or unit to honor a missing local/state veteran, also reserving a Missing Man Chair in his honor at all group meetings and functions.
· Speakers: Contact the League’s national office or your state’s League Coordinator to obtain knowledgeable POW/MIA speakers for district meetings, state conventions and national events.
· Booths at Meetings: Set up a table or booth at district, state or national meetings to distribute current factual POW/MIA information available from the League’s national office.
· Community Parades: Carry a POW/MIA flag and/or construct a banner. Awareness materials for distribution and other suggestions are available from the League’s national office and website.
· Counter misinformation with facts! Ask for proof from those who claim to have evidence of living US POWs. If provided, turn it over to responsible League and/or US officials.
Remember – Americans still missing and unaccounted-for from the Vietnam War need the strong, unified voice of our nation’s VSOs to support them and their families. Working together with the US and relevant foreign counterpart governments, we will obtain the fullest possible accounting for America’s UNRETURNED VETERANS, our POW/MIAs.