This program enables an individual or group to symbolically adopt a missing American in accordance with the form on the reverse of this sheet. Your pledge of $60.00 or more per year will be used toward achieving the following objectives:
· Demonstrate unified American support for accounting as fully as possible for US personnel still missing and unaccounted-for from the Vietnam War and encouraging the governments of Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Russia and the PRC to expand cooperation with the US to resolve the POW/MIA issue.
· Urge the US Government to use all necessary assets and resources to increase efforts to return any living Americans who may still be in captivity, account as fully as possible for the missing, and repatriate all recoverable remains.
· Show the family members of these men that Americans care and are willing to stand behind their missing loved ones – America’s UNRETURNED Veterans.
DON’T LET THEM BE FORGOTTEN
Guidelines for the Adoption Program are simple:
· Pray frequently for your adopted man; inform others of his plight and efforts to account as fully as possible for missing Americans.
· Write letters on his behalf to elected US and foreign officials, and local newspapers.
Embassy of Vietnam Embassy of Laos Embassy of Cambodia 1233 20th St., NW Suite 400 2222 S Street, NW 4500 16th Street. NW Washington, DC 20036 Washington, DC 20008 Washington, DC 20011
Embassy of the People’s Republic of China Embassy of the Russian Federation 3505 International Place, NW 2650 Wisconsin Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20008 Washington, DC 20007
· Make a tax-deductible contribution ($60.00 annually) to the National League of POW/MIA Families to support responsible education and awareness about this humanitarian issue.
SHOW THE WORLD THAT AMERICANS STILL CARE!
You may select the individual you wish to adopt or the League will be happy to choose for you; send this form with your contribution to the League’s national office. This donation is payable semi-annually or annually. Note the reason for your donation on the check, but please DO NOT send duplicates of this form with contributions after the initial adoption.
If available, biographical information on men who are still missing and unaccounted-for from the Vietnam War may also be obtained from the League.
Letters can be written to the adopted POW/MIA’s family and sent to the League office to be forwarded to the man’s family. Stainless steel POW/MIA bracelets are available with the name of your adopted POW/MIA for $15.00 each from Ohio Chapter MIA/POW, PO Box 14853, Columbus, Ohio 43214; phone, 614-451-2405.