American public support is critical to achieving the League’s goal: the fullest possible accounting for those still missing, and repatriation of all recoverable remains of those who died while serving our nation during the Vietnam War.
- Check the League’s web site for current information.
- Call the League’s office, 703-465-7432, for answers to any questions.
- Join the League as a voting member (family) or as an associate member for $25/year, student member for $10/year, to receive the newsletter, special mailings and email updates
- Donate online through PayPal or by check to: National League of POW/MIA Families 5673 Columbia Pike Suite 100 Falls Church, VA 22041
- Shop – you can also donate through shopping! Our Ohio Chapter donates 100%, the Amazon Smile program donates a percentage for every purchase, and many other vendors also donate some of their proceeds to the League. See our Supporters page to find out more.
- Distribute Facts: Forward League POW/MIA e-mail Updates to friends, co-workers and attendees at meetings of civic, fraternal, business, church and veteran groups.
- Arrange for POW/MIA Speakers: Contact the League’s national office or your state’s League Coordinator for assistance, particularly for national, state and district veteran and auxiliary conventions, as well as similar gatherings.
- Hold Appropriate Ceremonies & Fly the POW/MIA Flag: Display it 24/7 or on Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Flag Day, National POW/MIA Recognition Day and Veterans Day. These dates are required by law for display at the White House, Departments of State, Defense, and Veterans Affairs, all offices of the US Postal Service, and at military bases, posts and stations as designated by the Secretary of Defense.
- Congress, urging bipartisan support for US priority on accounting for America’s missing:
|The Honorable _______________US House of RepresentativesWashington, DC 20515||The Honorable_________________ US Senate Washington, DC 20510|
- The Editor of your local paper, drawing responsible public attention to the need for answers on America’s POW/MIAs; for assistance on points to cover during interviews, call or email the League.
- The Vietnamese, Lao, and Russian Ambassadors. Thank them for their efforts to date and urge continued fulfillment of their pledges to cooperate fully in accounting for missing Americans:
|Embassy of Vietnam1233 20thStreet, NW, Suite 400Washington, DC 20036||Embassy of Laos2222 S Street, NWWashington, DC 20008||Embassy of the Russian Federation2650 Wisconsin Avenue, NWWashington, DC 20007|
SUPPORT THE FAMILIES
Donate to the League at the address provided on the letterhead or through Combined Federal Campaign and United Way (CFC #10218). Without the League, America’s POW/MIAs would have been written off years ago. Donations can be made by check or by credit card online through PayPal on the League’s website and are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law (FEIN #23-7071242).
Adopt a POW/MIA: Individuals/groups can adopt a missing man for $60/year.
Wear a POW/MIA lapel pin, available from the League office at $3 each or 2/$5.
Wear a POW/MIA bracelet, stainless steel with the name of a POW/MIA for $15 each (check or money order only, no credit card). Check the League website to order, or call Ohio Chapter MIA-POW at 614-451-2405.
Fly a POW/MIA flag. Obtain a flag from Ohio Chapter MIA-POW by calling 614-451-2405. Cost for high quality, nylon flags is $40 for a 3’x 5’ and $50 for a 4’x 6’, shipping included (check or money order only, no credit card). The Ohio Chapter MIA-POW has for decades donated 100% of proceeds to the League.
Display a POW/MIA decal in your car window, available from the League’s national office individually 2/$1 or 100/$25, includes shipping.
Urge the media to contact the League to get accurate and prompt responses to questions.
SPECIAL SUGGESTIONS FOR VETERANS
Appoint a POW/MIA Chairman to coordinate issue-related activities for the chapter or post and join the League as an associate member ($25/year). See public awareness opportunities below:
- POW/MIA Adoption Program: In addition to the standard guidelines for adoption, veterans may wish to 1) re-name the post, chapter or unit to honor a missing fellow veteran; and 2) reserve an empty chair in his honor at all group meetings and functions.
- Speakers: Contact the League’s national office or your state’s League Coordinator to obtain knowledgeable POW/MIA speakers for district meetings, state conventions and national events.
- Booths at Meetings: Set up a table or booth at district, state or national meetings to distribute current, factual POW/MIA information, available from the League’s national office by request.
- Community Parades: Carry a POW/MIA flag and/or construct a banner. Awareness materials for distribution and other suggestions are available from the League’s national office and website.
- Counter misinformation with facts! Ask for proof from those who claim to have evidence of living US POWs; if provided, turn it over to responsible League or US officials. Remember – Americans still missing and unaccounted-for from the Vietnam War need the strong, unified voice of our nation’s veterans to support them and their families. Working together with the US and relevant foreign governments, we will obtain the fullest possible accounting for America’s UNRETURNED VETERANS, our POW/MIAs.
To access the League’s PayPal account to pay your membership dues, click on the button below: